REALQUALITY RS-HSV 1
REALQUALITY RS-HSV 1 is a diagnostic CE-IVD kit for the identification and quantification of the DNA of Herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV 1) by Real time PCR.
- The device is validated on DNA extracted from various samples types
- The assay requires only 5 µL of DNA extracted
- If used in combination with the REALQUALITY RQ-HSV 1 STANDARD, it allows the quantification of the viral DNA present in the sample
- The assay shares the same thermal profile of the REALQUALITY Infectious diseases kits
- Validated on main Real time PCR instruments
- The assay includes dUTP/UNG system for preventing carry-over contamination and a fluorescence normalizer
- The automatic format of the assay can be used on GENEQUALITY X120 platform
- Easy interpretation of results with AB Genius Report software
- Ready-to-use reagents for Real time PCR
- Internal control (amplification of beta-globin gene - BG)
- Positive control (DNA containing fragments of the HSV genome and the BG gene)
Human herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV 1) and type 2 (HSV 2) cause recurrent infections that affect skin, mouth, lips, eyes and genital mucosa, and appear as clusters of small, painful vesicles. HSV 1 usually causes gingival stomatitis, cold sores and herpetic keratitis, whereas type 2 is more often related to genital lesions.
After the first infection the herpes simplex virus remains dormant in the nerve ganglia, from which it can periodically reactivate as a result of physical or emotional stress, febrile illnesses, sunlight and immunosuppression. Infection by these viruses is normally benign, however it is sometimes related to severe clinical forms of encephalitis and viral meningitis. Neonatal infection, often associated with HSV 2, is also clinically relevant.
This product uses technology patented by Biosearch Technologies, licensed for use in Human Molecular Diagnostic applications.