REALQUALITY RQ-BKV is a diagnostic CE-IVD kit for the identification and quantification of the DNA of BK virus by Real time PCR
- The device is validated on DNA extracted from various samples types
- The assay requires only 5 µL of DNA extracted
- If used in combination with the REALQUALITY RQ-BKV STANDARD, it allows the quantification of the viral DNA present in the sample
- The assay shares the same thermal profile of the REALQUALITY Infectious diseases kits
- Validated on main Real time PCR instruments
- The assay includes dUTP/UNG system for preventing carry-over contamination and a fluorescence normalizer
- The automatic format of the assay can be used on GENEQUALITY X120 platform
- Easy interpretation of results with AB Genius Report software
- Ready-to-use reagents for Real time PCR
- Internal control (amplification of beta-globin gene - BG)
- Positive control (DNA containing fragments of the BKV genome and the BG gene)
Reactivation has been documented in pregnant women (5-10%) and immunosuppressed patients.
In the case of kidney transplants in particular, reactivation of BKV during the first year after surgery can cause nephropathy (Polyomavirus-Associated Nephropathy, PVAN: incidence 1-10%) with a risk of loss of the transplanted organ. Haemorrhagic cystitis may occur in cases of bone marrow transplant. There are no antiviral therapies that can be used in the event of reactivation, so monitoring of the BKV viral load in the blood of transplant patients becomes fundamental. In the event of reactivation, clinical intervention involves the reduction of immunosuppressive therapy, which prevents damage to the transplanted organ.
This product uses technology patented by Biosearch Technologies, licensed for use in Human Molecular Diagnostic applications.