REALQUALITY RQ-TOXO is a diagnostic CE-IVD kit for the identification of the DNA of Toxoplasma gondii by Real time PCR
- The device is validated on DNA extracted from various samples types
- The assay requires only 5 µL of DNA extracted
- The assay shares the same thermal profile of the REALQUALITY Infectious diseases kits
- Validated on main Real time PCR instruments
- The assay includes dUTP/UNG system for preventing carry-over contamination and a fluorescence normalizer
- The automatic format of the assay can be used on GENEQUALITY X120 platform
- Easy interpretation of results with AB Genius Report software
- Ready-to-use reagents for Real time PCR
- Internal control (amplification of beta-globin gene - BG)
- Positive control (DNA containing fragments of the Toxoplasma g. genome and the BG gene)
Toxoplasma gondii is an intracellular protozoan belonging to the phylum Apicomplexa. It is deemed to be one of the most widespread parasites in the world.
This parasite is hosted by cats and other felines. Once infected, occurrence in the host enables the production of oocysts, which are released through the faeces and constitute an environmentally resistant stage in the life of the parasite. It is a pathogen that affects the Central Nervous System.
Transmission occurs through the ingestion of tissue cysts or oocysts in contaminated food or water, or it may be congenital. Infection during pregnancy may cause the virus to be transmitted to the foetus, with severe neurological problems. In immunocompromised patients, reactivation of latent foci can also cause encephalitis. In immunocompetent individuals, however, T. gondii infection remains for life but is typically asymptomatic.
This product uses technology patented by Biosearch Technologies, licensed for use in Human Molecular Diagnostic applications.