REALQUALITY RS-HHV 6
REALQUALITY RS-HHV 6 is a diagnostic CE-IVD kit for the identification and quantification of the DNA of Human Herpesvirus type 6 by Real time PCR
- The device is validated on DNA extracted from various samples types
- The assay requires only 5 µL of DNA extracted
- If used in combination with the REALQUALITY RQ-HHV 6 STANDARD, it allows the quantification of the viral DNA present in the sample
- The assay shares the same thermal profile of the REALQUALITY Infectious diseases kits
- Validated on main Real time PCR instruments
- The assay includes dUTP/UNG system for preventing carry-over contamination and a fluorescence normalizer
- The automatic format of the assay can be used on GENEQUALITY X120 platform
- Easy interpretation of results with AB Genius Report software
- Ready-to-use reagents for Real time PCR
- Internal control (amplification of beta-globin gene - BG)
- Positive control (DNA containing fragments of the HHV 6 genome and the BG gene)
For further informations
Human Herpesvirus type 6 (HHV 6) is a herpetic virus with lymphocytic tropism. The two known viral types, HHV 6A and HHV 6B, are indistinguishable from a serological point of view.
HHV 6B is the cause of exanthema subitum or sixth disease, which occurs in paediatric populations (usually between 6 and 24 months) with high fever and no other symptoms. The passing of the fever usually coincides with the appearance of a benign rash.
HHV-6A is much more rare. It is acquired later in life, with asymptomatic infection. In both types of virus, active infection ends with the onset of latent infection.
Reactivation in immunocompetent people is completely asymptomatic, while for those with a suppressed immune system it can lead to serious consequences such as encephalitis, hepatitis, myocarditis or pneumonia. In the case of transplant patients, viral reactivation occurs early, within 2-4 weeks after the transplant, due to the presence of the endogenous virus, or in the transplanted organ.
Why use a Real time PCR assay for HHV 6?
The search for HHV 6 using Real time PCR is essential to the timely identification of viral reactivation in organ transplant recipients and their subsequent follow-up.
This product uses technology patented by Biosearch Technologies, licensed for use in Human Molecular Diagnostic applications.