REALQUALITY RQ-JCV is a diagnostic CE-IVD kit for the identification and quantification of the DNA of JC virus by Real time PCR
- The device is validated on DNA extracted from various samples types
- The assay requires only 5 µL of DNA extracted
- If used in combination with the REALQUALITY RQ-JCV STANDARD, it allows the quantification of the viral DNA present in the sample
- The assay shares the same thermal profile of the REALQUALITY Infectious diseases kits
- Validated on main Real time PCR instruments
- The assay includes dUTP/UNG system for preventing carry-over contamination and a fluorescence normalizer
- The automatic format of the assay can be used on GENEQUALITY X120 platform
- Easy interpretation of results with AB Genius Report software
- Ready-to-use reagents for Real time PCR
- Internal control (amplification of beta-globin gene - BG)
- Positive control (DNA containing fragments of the JCV genome and the BG gene)
In situations of severe deficiency in cell-mediated immunity, which occurs, for example, in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), neoplasia or organ transplantation, JCV can reactivate and cause progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), a fatal demyelinating disease of the central nervous system. This condition has been documented in patients with heart, kidney or liver transplants.
This product uses technology patented by Biosearch Technologies, licensed for use in Human Molecular Diagnostic applications.