REALQUALITY RQ-PARVO B19
REALQUALITY RQ-PARVO B19 is a diagnostic CE-IVD kit for the identification and quantification of the DNA of Parvovirus B19 by Real time PCR.
- The device is validated on DNA extracted from various samples types
- The assay requires only 5 µL of DNA extracted
- If used in combination with the REALQUALITY RQ-PARVO B19 STANDARD, it allows the quantification of the viral DNA present in the sample
- The assay shares the same thermal profile of the REALQUALITY Infectious diseases kits
- Validated on main Real time PCR instruments
- The assay includes dUTP/UNG system for preventing carry-over contamination and a fluorescence normalizer
- The automatic format of the assay can be used on GENEQUALITY X120 platform
- Easy interpretation of results with AB Genius Report software
- Ready-to-use reagents for Real time PCR
- Internal control (amplification of beta-globin gene - BG)
- Positive control (DNA containing fragments of the Parvovirus B19 genome and the BG gene)
Parvovirus B19 (Parvoviridae family) is a small DNA virus. Infection during childhood causes an infectious erythema known as fifth disease. Rarely, the infection also leads to arthritic manifestations in adults. Transmission occurs mainly through aerosols.
The site of viral replication during infection is the erythroblasts. This causes temporary anaemia in the patient. The patients at greatest risk of clinical complications following a Parvovirus B19 infection are immunocompromised individuals. A primary infection during pregnancy may result in erythropoiesis inhibition in the foetus, resulting in anaemia and serious complications that may lead to miscarriage.
This product uses technology patented by Biosearch Technologies, licensed for use in Human Molecular Diagnostic applications.